What to do in the event of an incident?
The proof of good insurance is found in good claims handling. At Pantaenius we are proud of our reputation in the handling and settlement of claims, with quick and efficient claims handling being our highest priority. Whether you are responsible or not, an accident is always an extremely unpleasant situation and often involves different rights and obligations. Please find below some measures to take in the event of a claim, all relevant claim forms as well as helpful information regarding the claims process itself.
Please remember that Pantaenius provides a 24/7 Emergency claims helpline operated entirely by our own staff.
Accident – Collision – Burglary – Theft – Fire
In the event of an incident which may give rise to a claim please act as if you were uninsured. At the earliest safe opportunity please report the incident to us so that we may provide you with appropriate advice. If you wish to speak to us, please call our Emergency Helpline number.
The check list below is not exhaustive but please do follow it as best as you can in the circumstances.
- Do what you can to minimize the damage
- Notify us as soon as possible, giving a contact phone/fax number and email address
- Take photographs and notes of any damage or material evidence and send them to us
- In cases of theft, vandalism, explosion or fire, notify the Police as well as ourselves and you must get a Police incident number
- Do not agree on any fixed costs for salvage. Please use the Lloyd's Open Form which offers you and the insurers some legal protection against unscrupulous salvers
- In cases of collision, provide us with the name and address of the other party and their insurers
- If your insurers appoint a surveyor to assess the damage, we recommend that you be present
- Collect all invoices and forward them to us as soon as possible to achieve a prompt settlement.
Pantaenius has a reputation for settling claims fairly and quickly which we are proud of, so please help us to help you and safeguard your investment.
Our top priority is to provide quick and competent support in the event of a claim. To ensure the smooth processing of your claim, please proceed as follows:
- Contact Pantaenius immediately by phone - at the latest two days after becoming aware of an incident that could give rise to a claim - on: +49 (0) 40-37 09 10 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unable to commence your journey, you should make sure that you cancel your travel arrangements to and from your destination without delay in order to minimise cancellation costs.
- Please be sure to collect appropriate evidence about the incident itself and the scope of the Claim.
Crew Medical Insurance
WHAT to do if you are in need of normal medical treatment?
- In-Patient claims /claims likely to exceed €3.250/$4.250/£2.500/ emergency evacuation/repatriation:
Please contact the International 24-hour Helpline on +49 40 37091-355 or email@example.com before the treatment commences (but see “Emergencies” below).
- All other medical claims:
All other medical claims: You may visit a professionally registered medical practitioner of your choice. Please ask the doctor to complete, stamp and sign the Medical Claim Form. The submission of the completed claim form, together with paid invoices, receipts and prescriptions within 90 days of start of treatment is sufficient. For any not emergency or in-patient related questions, please call +49-69-756 136 722 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the International 24-hour Helpline on +49 40 37091-355 or email@example.com within 72 hours of the commencement of treatment to ensure all emergency treatment is covered.
WHO CAN HELP YOU IN THE CASE OF A CLAIM?
All requests regarding In-patient and Out-patient claims and 24hr emergency assistance:
- 24-hour Helpline: +49 40 37091-355
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Claims Administration (for Out-Patient and already registered claims)
- Telephone (Chubb European Group SE): +49-69-756 136 722
- E-Mail: email@example.com
What can you do if you suffer a work-related accident?
If you suffer a work-related accident, please ask your employer to contact Pantaenius. We will check if Employer's Liability cover is in place.