What to do in the event of an incident?
The proof of good insurance is found in good claims handling. At Pantaenius we are proud of our reputation in the handling and settlement of claims, with quick and efficient claims handling being our highest priority. Whether you are responsible or not, an accident is always an extremely unpleasant situation and often involves different rights and obligations. Please find below some measures to take in the event of a claim, all relevant claim forms as well as helpful information regarding the claims process itself.
Please remember that Pantaenius provides a 24/7 Emergency claims helpline operated entirely by our own staff.
Accident – Collision – Burglary – Theft – Fire
In the event of an incident which may give rise to a claim please act as if you were uninsured. At the earliest safe opportunity please report the incident to us so that we may provide you with appropriate advice.
The check list below is not exhaustive but please do follow it as best you can in the circumstances.
- Do what you can to minimise the damage.
- Notify us as soon as possible, giving a contact phone number and email address.
- Take photographs and notes of any damage or material evidence and send them to us.
- In cases of theft, vandalism, explosion or fire, notify the Police as well as ourselves - remember to get a Police Incident number.
- In cases of collision, provide us with the name and address of the other party and their insurers.
- If your insurers appoint a surveyor to assess the damage, we recommend that you be present.
- Collect all invoices and forward them to us as soon as possible to achieve a prompt settlement.
- Do not admit liability for an incident
Pantaenius has a reputation for settling claims fairly and quickly which we are proud of, so please help us to help you and safeguard your investment.