Data Protection Policy
Pantaenius America Ltd. Privacy and Security Statement
Thank you for visiting the Pantaenius America Ltd. website or seeking or obtaining marine insurance through our company and reviewing this Privacy and Security Statement. Our pledge to protect your privacy is reflected in this Privacy and Security Statement which outlines our principles in collecting, using and safeguarding your personal information and information about your relationship with us. Pantaenius America Ltd. is an agent for insurance companies including AGCS Marine Insurance Company (“AGCS”), Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company (“Berkshire Hathaway”) and Markel American Insurance Company (“Markel).
As agent, we administer your Pantaenius America Yacht Policy (“PAYP”) of insurance on behalf of one or more of these insurers.i Pantaenius America Ltd. acts as the agent only for the insurance companies with respect to the policies that we administer, and the insurance companies underwrite the policies. Pantaenius America Ltd. is a member of the Pantaenius GmbH family of companies. Depending on your state of residence, state law may provide additional privacy protections. Information regarding the privacy policies of AGCS, Berkshire Hathaway and Markel can be found on their respective websites: www.agcs.allianz.com, bhspecialty.com and www.markel.com.
Pantaenius America Ltd. does not share or sell your personal information for marketing purposes. For this reason, no “opt-in” or “opt-out” is required.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT PANTAENIUS AMERICA LTD. COLLECTS IN ITS ROLE AS AGENT FOR ADMINISTERING THE PANTAENIUS AMERICA YACHT POLICY
Pantaenius America Ltd. only collects personal information about you when it is necessary to conduct the
business of insurance. We limit the collection of personal information to what we reasonably believe is needed to administer your account. As a result, we collect personal information from the following sources:
- Personal information you share with us either directly or through your agent or broker, such as the information on your insurance application, requested policy change information or other forms you may complete.
- Personal information you provide or which is obtained through the process of handling a claim, including medical information, such as from an accident report.
- Personal information about you from your transactions with us, our affiliates or others such as the number of years you have been a policyholder with Pantaenius America Ltd. or the types of coverage you purchase.
- Personal information about you from a consumer reporting agency, such as a credit report or a Motor Vehicle Report.
- Any personally identifiable information submitted to Pantaenius America Ltd. in connection with an e-commerce transaction, a resume/CV, or an application or other insurance form is used strictly for the purpose of completing such transaction or evaluation of qualifications, respectively, and is not shared with third parties.
If you visit or use the Pantaenius America Ltd. website, or that of one of our subsidiaries, we may use
"cookies" (small text files transferred from our website to your hard drive) to recognize repeat users, track
usage and facilitate your access to and use of the site. We do not use "cookies" to gather personal information and we do not link cookies to identifiable information, such as your policy number. The "cookies" only enable you to use our website more easily.
INFORMATION PANTAENIUS AMERICA LTD. DISCLOSES
Pantaenius America Ltd. does not disclose any personal information about current or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may disclose the personal information we collect as follows:
- To consumer reporting agencies for the purposes of obtaining a credit report or a Motor Vehicle Report in order to determine eligibility for coverage or to process your requested transaction.
- To your insurance agent or broker to allow them to perform their normal insurance related services for you.
- To the insurance companies that underwrite your policy.
- To medical professionals in order to process your claim.
- To independent surveyors, engineers, naval architects, attorneys, and other consultants and experts in order to process your claim.
- To law enforcement or other government agencies as required or allowed by law or to report suspected fraud activities.
PANTAENIUS AMERICA LTD.’S POLICIES AND PRACTICES WITH RESPECT TO SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pantaenius America Ltd. uses a variety of computer hardware and software tools to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state regulations to guard your personal information. We restrict access to personal information about you to only those employees who need that information to provide products or services to you. Pantaenius America Ltd. also works hard to ensure that our website is secure. We employ firewalls, encryption technology, user authentication systems and access control mechanisms to control access to the personal information that may be shared over the site.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
Pantaenius America Ltd.
500 Mamaroneck Avenue
Harrison, New York 10528
Please check the declaration pages issued with your policy or the bottom of the last page of your PAYP Terms and Conditions to determine which of these insurers underwrite your policy.