What to do in the event of an incident?
Insurance is about many things but most of all its about efficient and proactive claims handling. At Pantaenius we listen to your concerns and manage all our claims in-house. Having your vessel damaged is always an unpleasant experience. Our team has the necessary expertise and knowledge, and is committed to manage even the most difficult of claims in a timely manner.
Please call our 24/7 emergency helpline if you require urgent assistance.
Accident - Collision - Burglary - Theft - Fire
In the event of an incident that may result in a claim, please act as if you are uninsured. You must not acknowledge fault or responsibility. At the first opportunity you must report the incident to us so that we can provide you with the appropriate advice. In an emergency please call our helpline.
The check list below is not exhaustive but please do follow it as best as you can in the circumstances:
- Do what you can to minimise the damage and take steps to make your vessel safe from further damage.
- Notify us as soon as possible.
- Take photographs and make notes as soon as possible after the incident.
- Do not acknowledge fault or responsibility.
- In case of theft notify the police immediately, and then Pantaenius.
- You must not agree to or sign any documents associated with a Salvage or Tow. Seek advice from Pantaenius where possible. If you have no choice then you can use the Lloyds Open Form agreement which does offer some protection against unscrupulous contractors.
- If another vessel or person is involved you must provide us with their ID and details of their vessel and who they are insured with.
- Please retain all relevant documents, invoices etc and forward them to us.
Pantaenius has a reputation for settling claims fairly and quickly which we are proud of, so please help us to help you and safeguard your investment.