Our offices worldwide

* Pantaenius UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Authorised No.308688)

** Pantaenius America Ltd. is a licensed insurance agent licensed in all 50 states. It is an independent corporation incorporated under the laws of New York and is a separate and distinct entity from any entity of the Pantaenius Group.

Welcome to our personal area
  • Download contracts, conditions & clauses
  • Check and change your personal details

Frequently asked questions

We do everything to keep our products transparent and our service convenient. Sometimes, however, questions remain open. Here, we have put together the most frequently asked ones.

I have sold my boat. What happens with my policies?

open close

If you have sold your boat, please inform us immediately by sending us a purchase agreement or transfer certificate by email to info@pantaenius.com.au. Your policies will then be cancelled and settled upon transfer of ownership. 

Can the purchaser take over the policies?

open close

The policies cannot be transferred directly. In the case of existing yacht hull insurance/yacht liability insurance, temporary insurance cover is provided for the purchaser for one month from the date of transfer of ownership. For hull insurance, the purchase price specified in the purchase agreement applies, however up to a maximum of the previous sum insured (agreed fixed value). The purchaser will also receive an insurance recommendation, so they can take out new policies. 

How is my trailer co-insured?

open close

Trailers and bearing blocks that permanently belong to the boat are automatically co-insured under the hull insurance. 

My trailer is now automatically included in the insurance cover, do I need to specify an extra sum?

open close

Yes. To ensure that you have sufficient insurance cover in the event of the total loss of the boat and trailer, a separate additionally insured sum should be specified for the trailer.

The registration office is requesting an EVB number (electronic confirmation of insurance) – is that correct?

open close

Tax-exempt sports trailers with a green registration number do not need an EVB number. The EVB number is required for the registration of trailers subject to compulsory insurance. This is issued by your vehicle insurer or by our colleagues at Pantaenius Versicherungsmakler GmbH at www.pantaenius.eu.

Can I lend my boat to friends?

open close

Pantaenius hull insurance also covers friends and family, so it is fine to lend your boat on a non-commercial basis. 

What are the notice periods?

open close

The policies are valid for one year in each case and are extended automatically by one year at a time unless terminated by email or in writing three months prior to expiry of the relevant period.

PANTAENIUS - a reliable partner
How important is certainty and peace of mind…

of experience guarantee an exclusive service approach and the most efficient claims management when you need it most.


already place their trust in us and enjoy the peace of mind a Pantaenius policy provides.


in our network help us deliver true local service and support you with advice and expertise all over the world.