What to do in the event of an incident?
The proof of good insurance is found in good claims handling. At Pantaenius we are proud of our reputation in the handling and settlement of claims, with quick and efficient claims handling being our highest priority. Whether you are responsible or not, an accident is always an extremely unpleasant situation and often involves different rights and obligations. Please find below some measures to take in the event of a claim, all relevant claim forms as well as helpful information regarding the claims process itself.
Please remember that Pantaenius provides a 24/7 Emergency claims helpline operated entirely by our own staff.
Please read the following important advice before completing a claim notification
- The insured party is obliged to report all damages to the insurer without delay. In cases of damages resulting from fire and explosion, theft, burglary, robbery, piracy, misappropriation and fraudulent acquisition, the insured party must also place charges with the local police without delay.
- The insured party is obliged to independently undertake any reasonable measures which are considered appropriate to prevent and reduce the extent of damage. If the insurer provides instructions to this effect, the insured party is required to follow such instructions.
- The insured party is obliged to submit to the insurer detailed and truthful reports of the damages incurred, and to provide at the request of the insurer any information, which according to the insurer, is deemed necessary in order to determine the extent of the insured damages and the appropriate compensation. At the request of the insurer, the insured party is required to furnish documentation, provided that the procurement of such documentation is reasonable.
Accident – Collision – Burglary – Theft – Fire
In the event of an incident which may give rise to a claim please act as if you were uninsured. At the earliest safe opportunity please report the incident to us so that we may provide you with appropriate advice. If you wish to speak to us, please call our Emergency Helpline number.
The check list below is not exhaustive but please do follow it as best as you can in the circumstances:
- Do what you can to minimize the damage
- Notify us as soon as possible, giving a contact phone/fax number and email address
- Take photographs and notes of any damage or material evidence and send them to us
- In cases of theft, vandalism, explosion or fire, notify the Police as well as ourselves and you must get a Police incident number
- Do not agree on any fixed costs for salvage. Please use the Lloyd's Open Form which offers you and the insurers some legal protection against unscrupulous salvers
- In cases of collision, provide us with the name and address of the other party and their insurers
- If your insurers appoint a surveyor to assess the damage, we recommend that you be present
- Collect all invoices and forward them to us as soon as possible to achieve a prompt settlement.
Pantaenius has a reputation for settling claims fairly and quickly which we are proud of, so please help us to help you and safeguard your investment.
Fast and competent customer assistance in case of claim is the biggest priority for us. To enable us to have a smooth handling, please do the following:
- Inform Pantaenius immediately, latest 2 working days upon notice, about the claim, via phone +49 40 37 09 10 or via Internet on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you can not go on a journey, the arrival and departure arrangements and eventually the charter agreement have to be cancelled immediately to keep the cancellation costs as low as possible.
- Please take note to collect proofs for the damage and for its extent.
- Please add to your claim form the charter contract; proofs of the damage (appropriate photos, police report, medical certificate) and eventually the cancellation invoice as well as the confirmed crew list of the charterer.