More than 100 years - Pantaenius
Pantaenius, named after the company founder Johann C. Pantaenius, was entered in the Hamburg register of companies in 1899. Shortly thereafter it made a name for itself in marine and transport insurance.
International business relations and excellent contacts have been the basis of our successful business from the very beginning. In 1997, the division of Pantaenius created two legally independent companies: Pantaenius Insurance Broker GmbH, which continues the traditional insurance broker business, and Pantaenius GmbH, which specialises exclusively in yacht insurance.
What began at the door to the world soon continued as a success story throughout the globe.
Today, Pantaenius serves more than 100,000 clients and operates branches on three continents. Whether as an insurance broker and risk partner for medium-sized businesses, as a specialist for boat and yacht insurance or an innovative provider of online boat insurance, the service and products that the traditional family business pursues in its activities are always extraordinary. It is no coincidence that the Baum family's motto is: Trust obliges.
Milestones of growth:
- 1899 Founding of the insurance broker Pantaenius in Hamburg
- 1963 Harald Baum starts with Pantaenius
- 1970 Merger of Pantaenius through Harald Baum
- 1982 Founding of the Düsseldorf branch
- 1990 Founding of Pantaenius UK Limited in Plymouth/Great Britain
- 1994 Pantaenius GmbH founds branch in Skive/Denmark
- 1997 Founding branch in Monaco ( S.A.M Pantaenius Monaco)
- 1997 Founding of the Munich branch
- 1997 Co-Founding of the hlaGlobal network
- 2000 Founding Pantaenius Versicherungsmakler Ges.mbH in Vienna/Austria
- 2003 Founding Pantaenius America Ltd. in Mamaroneck, New York/USA
- 2006 Founding Pantaenius S.L., Palma de Mallorca/Spain
- 2008 Founding Pantaenius AB, Malmö/Sweden
- 2012 Founding Pantaenius Australia Pty Ltd in Sydney, Australien
- 2017 Opening of a branch in Gdansk/Poland
- 2022 Founding Pantaenius Hellas Underwriting Agency