Join our Team
Business Development Executive
Pantaenius UK Ltd are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Business Development Executive to join our growing sail and motor yacht insurance business.
Based at either our River Hamble or Plymouth location and reporting to the underwriting manager the candidate will play a key role responsible for business development and management of commercial partnerships.
Job title: Business Development Executive
Company: Pantaenius UK Limited
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Pantaenius UK, part of the Pantaenius Group, has been providing boat insurance solutions for 30 years and today has offices in Plymouth and Southampton. The Pantaenius Group provides market leading boat insurance coverage and claims handling expertise to over 100,000 clients worldwide. Pantaenius offers insurance solutions to private and pleasure craft of all sizes, from trailer-sailers to mega-yachts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Identifying new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products and services.
- Possessing a strong understanding of the company’s products, the competition in the industry and company positioning and strategic objectives.
- Building and promoting long lasting relationships with new introducers.
- Working with underwriting management to create, and implement, strategies to successfully expand our customer base, capture key demographics and solidify our market presence.
- Building relationships with new introducers and clients, gauging their needs and developing proposals to address these needs.
- Working with underwriting management to draw up new introducer contracts.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with current introducers and clients.
- Attending events in the UK and overseas including working with business management in the organisation and coordination of such events.
- Attending conferences and events to build relationships with industry partners and staying up to date with new trends.
- Working with business management in drafting marketing posts for social media and advertising/marketing campaigns including coordinating with agencies and external organisations
- Working with business management to deliver the marketing message to target sectors of the UK boating public in an effective manner to maximise growth in the number and quality of leads in target sectors.
- Working with business management in updating sales presentation materials including brochures, sales decks and posters
- Ability to work in either the River Hamble or Plymouth office, with reasonable notice, as necessary.
Your skills and qualifications as a Business Development Executive
- Ability to think strategically
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently without supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to communicate with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for developing and building business relationships.
- Excellent team working skills with a collaborative approach to work
- Good IT skills
- Already having or being prepared to gain marine and/or insurance industry relevant qualifications within specified time frame
What you will gain:
- Being part of a vibrant, evolving family owned business
- Empowered to shaping how the company evolves
- Excellent benefits, including health care, pension contributions, generous holiday entitlement
- Opportunities for domestic and foreign travel
- Professionally recognised qualifications, with study actively encouraged and supported by the Company