Information about our Insurance Services
1. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The Financial Conduct Authority is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. It requires us to give you this document.
2. Whose products do we offer?
Pantaenius offers a limited range of products under the Pantaenius Yacht Scheme. The products are specifically designed or adapted for owners of private and pleasure yachts.All standard contracts of insurance are underwritten by reputable UK and/or European Insurers. A minority of bespoke contracts for special risks may be placed with reputable insurers outside our normal markets. You will be advised if this affects you.For the majority of contracts of insurance, Pantaenius acts on behalf of the insurers.Please ask for a list of available products and their underwriters if required.
3. Which services will we provide you with?
- We will assess the information you provide to us and advise you only on the terms and conditions attaching to the Pantaenius Yacht Scheme products whenever you contact us for advice.
- We will process your application and any subsequent policy alterations on behalf of the underwriters.
- We will provide you with renewal terms each year giving you adequate notice of any changes required by our underwriters.
- We will handle your claim, providing a 24-hour emergency claims help-line operated by our own staff, and a dedicated claims handler within our offices.
- If you have specifically asked for any other industry standard wording to form the basis of your contract of insurance we will be happy to arrange this for you and to advise you on the selected wording.
4. What will you have to pay for our services?
There is normally no charge for our services, which is covered by commissions paid to us by the underwriters.You will be charged, at cost, for delivery of documentation by courier or by Satellite Telecoms and for bank charges associated with any payments you make to us.Your premiums, and any claims settlements, will be held in an account for the benefit of the insurers. You may therefore be confident that once your premium is received by Pantaenius it is regarded as having been received by the insurers. Any interest earned on premiums on deposit will be paid to Pantaenius UK Limited.
5. Who regulates us?
Pantaenius UK Limited, Marine Building, 1 Queen Anne Place, Plymouth, PL4 0FB is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Registration number is 308688.Our permitted business is arranging general insurance contracts.You can check this on the FSA’s Register by visiting the FSA’s website www.fsa.gov.uk/register/ or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234
6. Ownership of Pantaenius.
Pantaenius UK Limited is a private limited company. Its shares are owned by Pantaenius Holding GmbH, which also owns shares in Pantaenius companies in Germany, Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Monaco, Spain, Sweden and USA, and ultimately owned by Harald Baum.Harald Baum owns a 100 % shareholding in Hanse Marine Vers. AG.Pantaenius UK Limited owns 100% shares in Marine Claims Service Limited.
7. What to do if you have a complaint.
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
- in writing The Office Manager, Pantaenius UK Limited, Marine Building, 1 Queen Anne Place, Plymouth, PL4 0FB.
- by phone Telephone +44 (0) 1752 22 36 56
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Services.
8. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme?
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the first £2,000 and 90% of the remainder of the claim, without upper limit,Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.IDD 07/2010